segunda-feira, 19 de maio de 2008

New Week's Thought - Work sucks!

Multinational company. Everyone's struggling with timelines. Short ones for everybody, to be honest. However, it is a bit difficult to understand the modus operandi of some parties in this chaotic scenario. With what one could call “mountains of good will”, some people try to accelerate processes by giving you a working basis that turns out not to be as accurate and reliable as it should be since everybody starts discovering mistakes (myself included) contained in the information provided, what makes it to be changed once, twice, again and again. And by the time you have already completed some parts of the task (because you had to!), you are faced with two options. Leave as it is (or sometimes amending the documents manually… really outstanding for nowadays!) or redo the entire job. Personally, as a perfectionist, I usually tend to follow the second option. But when the amount of tasks to repeat is really huge, there is no option but to go for the first.

One of the things that annoys me the most in all this environment is when you have others telling you to be patient (when you already think of yourself as the queen of patience!) and even that it is a bore to have to deal with that. It is not that simple. I wish I could consider it as a bore but in fact, to me, it is much more than that. I hate this kind of speech because it is the kind of speech of those people who complain aloud for the colleagues next door but never (never!) complain to the ones who caused their despair.

It is my belief that the world cannot evolve if each time such situations occur, you just cross your arms and run in order to fix things for that given moment. You have to do more than this! I always do more than this. But the others don't. When such things happen to my colleague next door, I ask if the complaint has been made to the appropriate person. Honestly, I don't even know why I ask about it. After all these years I should have learned that the response is usually composed of a mixture of sounds neither meaning "no" nor meaning "yes" but in fact the final result (you learn to read between the lines… or in this case between the unperceivable sounds) is "no and I never will". By this moment, you need an extra dose of self-control. It is just a question of breathing deeply and getting used to it. Because after a while you will eventually get used to it... trust me... and the system!

4 comentários:

muguele disse...

Xi! A coisa está assim tão mal que já escreves em inglês? Será terapia?

Dream on disse...

Se eu decidir emigrar serás um dos primeiros a saber! Já não seria novidade no nosso grupito. Mas não... ainda não é desta. O inglês é para "desaliviar" do português. E porque não me atrevo a escrever em mais nenhuma! :p

Tierri disse...

Em inglês é mais "chic"... aaaah freak out... le fric... c'est chic... freak out...

Dream on disse...

Glup! O prof a ler o meu post em Inglês. Tá-me a chamar chiquérrima (ou com vontade de o ser), ou quê? :p